Friday, March 11, 2011

Tidbits



"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
Abraham Lincoln


I'm happy to say that Wednesday's treadmill run was super easy! I don't mean that I didn't push myself...it was just smooth and I felt really great about it. Like a freshly oiled Tin Man instead of a rusty ol' pile of junk metal. I can't remember the last time I ran a mile without losing my breath. What a wonderful gift!

Thursday's run was a 2 miler which I had done after work and outside. I'm so glad that I waited to do so because I had a stressful day at work and my run served as my counselor. Also, yesterday was a super rainy day...until I got off work. The sun shone bright and certainly helped to lift my spirits. Yet another gift!

I appologize to myself for using random images from the internet for my blog posts. I plan to make things a little more fun and personal once I can find my camera charger...darnit.

I find it interesting and almost comical how we can, within 2 minutes, shove over 100 calories into our mouths when it takes nearly 10 minutes to burn it off. I thank the treadmill and eliptical calorie counters for making me see the light.

I read an article that tells me to make sure I take into consideration my friends' schedules when deciding when to run so that I can include them. Apparently, this person doesn't know the busyness surrounding my friends' schedules...I would never get a run in! Of course, that's not entirely true...but it's pretty close!
Here's why...
Once the training schedule is in full force, this is what it will look like:
Monday: morning XT(cross train), ie: swimming 30, 45 or 60 min.
Tuesday: Quality run in the a.m. before work (gotta make it to BS on time after work!)
Wednesday: Short(er) run and weights at night at the gym
Thursday: Tempo run in the a.m. before work (gotta make it to comm. group on time after work!)
Friday: rest...yay!
Saturday: short(er) run
Sunday: Long runs...weeeeee!
Starting this month, Dr. Crum decided to start late on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hooray for me because I can now get those important runs in in the morning and have the rest of the day free for the other things I managed to schedule. Definitely a gift. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment