Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Marathon Chatter, #3074, 8 and 3.2

"When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting."

This morning's email check greeted me with Kathi's thoughts on a base training schedule as well as my first email sent to me from the friendly folks with the Portland Marathon. It's almost as though I've been accepted into some secret club...a few thousand members strong!


I have 4 weeks of 'pre' base training before the actual base training begins, which is March 27th. I figure if I continue to stare at my training calendar, the butterflies will flutter away...which is why I transfered my schedule to my google calendar. This thought was primarily to keep Bobby in the loop but I also see it as a way to keep me from having a denial calendar; one that offers an escape from the inevitable.

This is a pretty big goal for me... especially since as of now, I have no buddies committing. In the easy, early stages of talking and dreaming, I had at least two gals ready to go. Within one week and one big commitment made by yours truly, I've lost one and the other is teetering. So it is important that I learn early to keep myself in check and keep Bobby in the loop so he's reminded how much of a support I'll need him to be.

I checked my registration information this morning and I had no idea I'd learn my bib# this early! #3074...it feels comfortable...like home. Except for the extra dose of adrenaline that comes after something hits you as being REAL. So very real.

Aside from seeing this goal through to completion, I'm focused on weight loss. I'm hoping that the former will help with the latter. Thanks to a meal plan given to me by my good friend Cheryl, I've been able to say 'so long' to 3.2 lbs. as of Sunday. Sundays will be Run Days and weigh days...so I'm expecting a lot of emotion and commotion from those days...hopefully for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment