Wednesday, February 8, 2012

week 20

Meet the Little! 20 weeks


It's crazy to think that we're at our halfway point. It seems like yesterday that I snuck to the grocery store and sheepishly bought my first ever pregnancy test. HOLY FREAKIN' COW I HAVE A HUMAN IN MAH BELLY!!!
Ahem...excuse the random outburst.

My days are filled with forgetfulness, procrastination, attempts at planning that lead to couch potatoing, and an overwhelming sense that I lack too much knowledge. All this should lead a girl to wonder if she knows what she's doing...but I don't worry. I trust in my instincts and the awesome circle of friends that preceded me in motherhood. Never before have I had a second thought about the baby crying two aisles from me in the grocery store...in fact, I'm certain I'd never even paid attention to baby noises period! (Well, except those of my nieces and nephew and of my good friends' kiddos.)

While we decided to double our stresses by tackling house hunting at the same time as planning for our first (of hopefully 2 or 3), I am  excited about what is to come. I'm not worried about how to provide as I trust myself to give the physical needs (Bobby's too ;) ) and I trust God to provide financially where things are needed...and not wanted. I'm excited to see where God moves us and what He plans to teach us. I'm excited to rely on Him fully and trust that what happens, happens because He's got a plan. I love being a part of His plan! And I love that I'm bringing a bundle of joy into this world that is also a part of His plan!

What a Blessed duck I am!!!

Now, for the usual quips and quirks....

- I joyfully notice our wee Little bumping and nudging multiple times a day. I only wish Bobby could experience this with me...I tell him though and reassure him that someday soon, he'll feel my belly and be able to share in the joy as well!

- I received an email the other day from 'Biggest Loser' telling me how to lose 2 dress sizes in 30 days...right after I received a reminder from Babycenter.com reminding me that I'm at 20 weeks. Sorry but the dress sizes will gladly have to wait!

- Midwife informed us that our Little is at the 40th percentile which is ''right on for both of us" (pointing to Bobby and I). Of course I didn't hesitate to point out that our MW just called us short. It was all in good nature though, we know we're slightly vertically challenged!


I'm in love with this. I have always romanticized pregnancy (but that was also in the days of overalls...wish they were still in style!) and lugging around a basketball of a belly. I know about 10 weeks from now I won't really feel the same as I'll probably want that darned Little out but for now, I'm basking in the joy and beaming with the knowledge that I get to love the very thing I am creating!






No comments:

Post a Comment