Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 17


 Week 16...I finally decided that my belly wasn't entirely my belly. I'll finally admit it's a little bit of baby!


Today marks the officially unofficial start of week 17. I haven't really posted much about this amazing thing growing in my belly for mostly two reasons...
First, nobody knew until about week 10... that's a pretty long time to go without 'venting' into a blog...but then, my real journal saw just about the same action: zero! When I'm overwhelmed it's hard for me to relax and put my words to paper (or computer). Second, I'm in what they call the 'honeymoon' stage which means I feel absolutely amazingly normal except ill-fitting clothing. Which means I don't feel like much is happening...which makes it hard to post whats happening!

So here's a few more fun thoughts and realizations!
Last week I discovered what is called 'linea negro'...the line that runs from bellybutton to pelvis and even up towards your chest. Not everyone has this though as I have learned from discussions and the comical quick check of Nikki's belly in the middle of an antique store! Mine runs the whole span and I wonder if it will get darker? And why does it happen at all?

Today I tried 'sucking in my gut' to find my ab muscles to be sore as though I had just finished at the gym...a coworker quickly reminded me of muscles being stretched and what-not. Also, last night I rolled over on my belly to feel for the first time as though I was laying on something hard in my belly area. Strange, but neat for sure!

I'm still doing zumba three times a week and trying to figure one or two nights a week to dedicate to what my doctor calls a brisk walk, or slow jog...because I have been cleared for Bloomsday in May as long as my heart rate does not go over 140bpm. STOKED! Excited to show folks that being pregnant does not mean I'm disabled. Sometimes, some comments make me wonder if I should be subjected to a wheelchair and a crash helmet for the remainder of this adventure.

Bobby and I have started the house hunt! This helps me start to visualize the reality of a baby room thus directly causing a few purchases as well. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment